Taiwanese American Archives台美史料中心Newsletter
Wishing you Health and Prosperity in the New Year!
2020 in Review:
- President Trump signed Taiwan Assurance Act into law 12/27/2020.
- Covid-19 vaccines were authorized for use 12/2020.
- The U.S. Senate and House of Representatives were elected. At least 131 Taiwan friendly senators/congress Representatives were elected 11/2020.
- Taiwanese American Ted Lieu was re-elected from California’s 33rd congressional district as U.S. Congressman 11/2020.
- The U.S. announced three US$1.8 billion arms sales to Taiwan 10/2020.
- President Tsai Ing-Wen was listed as one of [THE 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE OF 2020] in TIME magazine 09/2020.
- The passing of T. A. Archives’ founder Dr. Bob Cheng.
- Under secretary of the US State Department Keith Krach led a delegation to visit Taiwan and attended the memorial service of the late President Lee Teng-hui 09/2020.
- For the first time in 40 years, US Secretary of State congratulated President Tsai Ing-wen as the President of Taiwan 05/2020.
- T. A. Community donated medical protective devices to the hospitals in Covid-19 hard hit areas thru out the United States.
- Covid-19 is the 21 Century Calamity of Human, started in Jan. 2020 and spread to the world. Taiwanese American organizations were forced to cancel or change to virtual activities.
- Andrew Yang is the first Taiwanese American as an American Presidential candidate (2020), and he is planning to run for the Mayor of New York City in 2022.
- Taiwanese Americans strongly supported President Tsai Ing-wen re-election, went back to Taiwan to vote, and she won the majority vote on Jan. 11, 2020.